In a body, the liver is responsible for several fundamental functions, including bile production and excretion, excretion of cholesterol, storage of glycogen and vital nutrients, synthesizing proteins, cleaning the blood, producing necessary hormones, and helping in digesting the food. The liver primarily performs all these functions which are important to survive a healthy life.
Unhealthy eating habits and other lifestyle disorders may lead to one or other liver-related health problems. In that case, the liver might start working irregularly and can also become a serious health challenge in one’s life. Considering the fact, some medical practitioners advise a certain course of liver supporting supplements which can provide vital nutrients to the liver and rest of the body. A few of the liver supplements guarantee that their ingredients will detoxify and restore the liver.
Even though the liver goes about as the body’s essential detoxification and filtration framework, supplement producers like to recommend that the liver could utilize a detox on its own.
In this article, we investigate the exploration behind some best liver supplements in India and will figure out if these items work well with unhealthy liver functions.
Indications of liver issues
The liver is indeed a complex organ that helps various functions to go well in the body.
A sound liver helps to eliminate waste from the blood, synthesizes hormones, and metabolizes fat. A harmed, unhealthy, or breaking down liver can prompt risky, even perilous results.
Hepatitis alludes to a self-restricting or persistent aggravation of the liver. Hepatitis most usually happens because of viral contamination. Nonetheless, more than average alcohol consumption, exposure to toxin-based products, certain medicines, and fat deposits in the liver can in any case cause hepatitis.
As indicated by the NIDDK, a few people may create manifestations of hepatitis C in 1–3 months and of hepatitis B in 2–5 months. Individuals who have persistent hepatitis may show no indications for quite a long while.
Indications of a failing liver include:
- bleeding and wounding without any problem
- edema, which causes expansion in the lower legs, lower legs, and feet
- fluid retention in the abdomen
- itchy skin
- confusion or trouble thinking
- memory misfortune
- personality or disposition changes
Step by step instructions to maintain your liver healthily
Not only one thing can work in the best way to keep your liver healthy. Though plenty of the best liver supplements are available in the market still one is supposed to adopt few lifestyle changes in the routine. That way the supplements would work better and the results will be visible after some time of consumption. So, here are some tips on maintaining a healthier liver:
- Cut-down the intake of saturated fat: Significant levels of fatty oils and cholesterol in the blood can make fat stores around the liver, which may prompt non-alcoholic greasy liver infection (NAFLD). This can also lead to serious liver damage in the long run.
- Cut-off Liquor use:
The liver produces some harmful toxic chemicals, for example, acetaldehyde, when it utilizes liquor.
Healthcare specialists have quoted that eight or more drinks per week for females and fifteen or more drinks per week for males fall under heavy dosage. Hefty liquor use can expand an individual’s danger for liver sickness and other constant conditions.
Devouring four to five beverages in 2 hours or less can prompt steatosis, which is a condition in which fat beads collect inside liver cells. An individual can invert the impacts of steatosis in the event that they quit devouring liquor. In any case, consistent hard-core boozing can prompt persistent steatosis and ongoing liver illness.
The Dietary Guidelines for American 2015–2020 prescribe restricting liquor utilization close to one beverage for every day for females and close to two beverages for each day from guys.
- Limit your exposure to toxins: The liver is used to separate harmful substances in the blood. Exposure to ecological toxic products, for example, cleaning items, pesticides, and tobacco smoke can harm the liver as it filters out these substances from the blood.
- Stay away from ongoing prohibited medication:The liver is responsible for absorbing on-going drugs and medications in the blood.
Ongoing utilization of prohibited medications, for example, heroin and cocaine, can prompt liver aggravation and harm.
Especially prescribed and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines can really contribute to the liver injury caused by drug consumption.
As indicated by the FDA, medicines that can add to liver harm include:
- Antibiotics, for example, Amoxicillin and Erythromycin
- Acetaminophen, which is an OTC agony and fever reducer
- Cancer drugs, for example, Mercaptopurine, Lapatinib, and pazopanib
- Antianxiety and upper meds, including duloxetine and nortriptyline
Immunosuppressants, including cyclosporine and methotrexate.
Is your liver sound and working appropriately?
What does sound or healthy liver mean? A liver is said to be healthy and sound when it is properly functioning in the digestion and eliminating the harmful toxins. A healthy liver is always a blessing for a healthy body and life. Drawn out injury or harm to the liver results in liver problems. Certain antibiotics and alcohol consumption are normal causes of liver illness.
A few indications are there which evidently showcased with the swelling in the abdomen and legs, wounding easily, changes in the shade of stool and pee, yellowness of the skin and eyes. If you notice any of these symptoms then you should definitely consult your medical practitioner.
If the color of your eyes and skin have suddenly changed to yellow, then that reasons enough for you to visit a doctor as you might be suffering from jaundice. Fatty liver or as we call it colloquially- bad liver doesn’t cause jaundice alone but can elicit a host of other ailments too, but before we get down to know them in detail, we must understand our liver, first and foremost.
It is the biggest internal organ which is as big as a football, is located under the right side of the human rib, and produces bile, which breaks down fat in the small intestine during digestion and also carries away waste. It also produces proteins for blood plasma, cholesterol, and special proteins to help carry fats through the body. As a vital organ, it has many other life functions, primarily:
- Blood detoxification and purification
- Enzyme stimulation
- Storage of glycogen, vitamins, and minerals
- Synthesis of plasma proteins
- Metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Excretion of bilirubin, hormones, drugs, cholesterol, etc.
However, if it is not able to perform one or more functions out of the above, you might be in trouble?
Try identifying your disorder with one or more symptoms from the following gamut and then we will come to an appropriate treatment accordingly.
- Pale and yellow skin and eyes
- A sudden burst of pimples on the face
- Acute gastritis causing abdominal pain
- Sudden swelling in ankles and legs
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of appetite
- Heaviness on the right side of the abdomen
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine
- Headaches etc.
Well, in a lifetime, the liver undergoes a lot of wear and tear naturally, but vices like alcohol abuse and a highly-processed diet can be equally responsible for throwing our liver off-track. As luck would have it, a liver is capable of regenerating itself. However, continuous whipping can make it impassive and cause a life-threatening condition called liver failure or cirrhosis.
Scary, isn’t it? So how does one keep the liver healthy?
Since it performs many functions, it is important that we keep it in perfect shape. And in between performing myriad functions, it must get rest and a wash. Clean water and natural juices are great for detoxification or liver detox and to keep it cool. Choose one or more and according to the seasonal availability from beetroot, celery, cucumber, mint, apple, beetroot, aloe vera, wheatgrass, and amla juice.
Food like garlic, olive oil, sunflower seeds, milk, low-fat dairy, avocado, oatmeal, walnuts, fish, tofu, greens like kale, spinach, Brussel sprouts, vegetable chilies, and beverages like coffee and green tea can also help in reducing weight and help the liver stay away from the risk of fatty liver or problematic liver. Additionally, refrain from alcohol, added sugar, fried food, salt, white bread, rice, pasta, and red meat, etc. as it will be hard for the weak liver to break them down and cause you indigestion, gastritis, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, headache, etc.
VOGLIV-DS - Best Ever Ayurvedic Liver Tonic
Apart from the above, one can take Supplements, liver tonic, and medicines to cure a bad liver. We have formulated VOGLIV-DS best liver syrup with a blend of 14 ingredients and it has been found to have exceptional healing properties on the liver. This best ayurvedic liver tonic has proved to be beneficial to many because of its rich herbal ingredients.
Herbs in VOGLIV-DS Syrup are as under:
- Andrographis paniculata: Also known as the king of bitters, mahatikta, kiryato, mahatita, kalmegh or fah talai jone is anti-microbial, cytotoxicity, anti-protozoan, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, immune stimulant, anti-diabetic, anti-infective, anti-angiogenic, and hepato-renal protective. It has also been found to be a sex hormone stimulant, sexual function modulator, liver enzymes modulator, insecticidal, and toxicity cleanser.
- Phyllanthus ninuri: Also known as the gale of the wind, stone-breaker, seed-under-leaf, and bhuiamala are supposed to have a diuretic effect, boost secretion of sodium in the urine and help blood pressure and other conditions.
- Emblica Officinalis: Also known as Indian gooseberry is anti-oxidant, immune-modulatory, analgesic, antipyretic, anti-ulcer, anti-tussive, and gastro-protective.
- Boerhavia diffusa: Purarnava, red-spiderling, spreading hogweed, or tarvine has anti-aging properties; it renews and regenerates the body.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra: Also known as liquorice and mulethi, is sweet and used as a sweetener and a flavoring agent for gastritis and upper respiratory tract infection.
- Tephrosia purpurea: Is a common wasteland weed also known as jangli weed, jangli neel, pampara chettu, masa, sarphonk, sarphunka, the fish poison, wild indigo, vempali, auhuhu, ahuhu, kolinchi, kollukaivelai, kaaivelai, kozhinnila, kaggi, auhola, hola, etc. and is used as an anthelmintic, alexiteric, restorative, anti-pyretic, etc. It is used to treat the liver, spleen heart, and blood besides many other organs. It also helps in dental pain, stops bleeding, cures urinary problems, asthma, dyspepsia rheumatism, and diarrhea.
- Embilia Ribes: Known as false black pepper beside white-flowered embelia, vidanga, vaividang, or vavding is used for anti-bacterial, anti-fertility, anti-protozoal, abdominal disorders, lung-diseases, indigestion, mouth ulcer, sore throat, heart diseases, and obesity.