How to get a Lighter Skin
A light and glowing skin means different things to people. Many people use this term to refer to skin types that look healthy and awake rather than dull, dry or uneven textured. For some people, healthy skin refers to a natural luster that different skins exhibit. It is very important to know that a healthy skin doesn’t mean the most perfect skin. Ideal skin is unattainable. It can be healthy while having normal characteristics like pores, wrinkles, birthmarks, etc.
Everyone’s skin is different, some might have a natural glow and sheen which some might not. This is influenced by a plethora of factors, some of them are genetics, behavior, hormones, health conditions and medications, environment, etc. It isn’t possible to change all of these factors, but people could deal with these in a way that suits their skins the most.
As the saying goes “You glow different when you are healthy”, people most often relate a light and bright skin tone with a good health and happiness. The skin tone all by itself could show a lot about an individual. To put it in simpler terms, a light skin tone could show whether the person is physically and mentally healthy or not.
Nowadays people are so busy in their hectic schedules that they hardly get any time to look after their health which eventually reflects through their skin. This eventually leads to the use of a lot of skin care products which in turn harms the healthy skin in long run. So, here are a few tips which can be followed to maintain a healthy day to day life style while maintaining a light and healthy skin tone:
- Avoid food that is high is sugar, saturated fat content and salt. Focus on fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and healthy fats like avocados, nuts, etc.
- Taking antioxidants. Antioxidants help in keeping the skin nourished. It results in a smooth and supple texture. Antioxidants are present in rich amounts in many exotic fruits. Vogue Wellness Allure Plus is also a convenient way of administering Antioxidants for a healthy and bright skin.
- As said, a healthy lifestyle could change skin tone these include
- Quit smoking
- Getting enough sleep (7 to 8 hours daily)
- Relieving stress ( through Yoga or exercise)
- Drinking enough water and reducing alcohol consumption (keeps the skin hydrated and in good shape)
- Cleansing and moisturizing when needed
- Taking precautionary measures considering the surroundings
- Sun protection to prevent sun burns (A broad spectrum sunscreen according to the skin type should be used)
Exfoliating isn’t always necessary, it can increase skin’s sensitivity towards sunlight which may cause irritation.
So, a light and glowing skin is a healthy and hydrated one. People can work towards it by making necessary changes to their diet and lifestyle when necessary.